As of May 5, our office is once again open to see patients (and not just for emergencies!). We are currently helping patients with general dentistry treatments, including routine exams and cleanings.
At Damonte Ranch Dental Care, infection control has always been a top priority. In response to COVID-19, our practice has carefully planned and implemented additional procedures to continue minimizing any risk of infection to patients and staff.
Open for general care & dental emergencies
Per the recommendations of the Nevada Dental Board, dentists may now reopen to patients. We are currently open for all non-elective dental treatments, including:
- Exams and cleanings
- And so on
Purely elective procedures, such as veneers, bonding, and other cosmetic treatments, are currently unavailable.
Of course, we are also still here to see you in a dental emergency, including when…
- You are in severe pain
- An infection could spread and become an emergency
- The situation will get worse without immediate treatment
If you are unsure of what type of care you need or whether or not we can help you, please give us a call at (775) 329-8886. We’re here to help and want you to receive the care you need as soon as possible.
What we’re doing to keep you safe
We’ve used the last few months to inspect and evaluate the safety procedures in our office and take additional precautions.
Our office exceeds infection control recommendations outlined by the ADA, CDC, and OSHA. We are staying up-to-date on the latest information from these agencies to ensure our infection control procedures are current and adhere to all recommendations.
Some of the extra safety precautions in our office include:
- Installing Surgically Clean Air filters throughout the office to continuously filter and clean air.
- Taking temperatures of every team member before the day begins and of every patient upon arrival.
- Wearing increased amounts of personal protective equipment (PPE) to prevent unknown cross-contamination, including N95 masks for team members providing treatment. We also wear clean patient gowns for each appointment.
- Sterilizing patient rooms between appointments.
- Regular thorough cleaning of surfaces throughout the office.
What to expect at your next visit
Because of our revised safety procedures, you may notice some changes when it is time for your next appointment:
- We’ll ask you a series of screening questions when you schedule your appointment.
- We’ll request that you come to your appointment wearing a mask. If you forget, we will provide you with one to wear while you are in the office.
- We’ll request that you call us from your car when you arrive for your appointment. We’ll let you know when we’re ready so you can go straight from your car to the patient room.
- We’ll take your temperature upon arrival and once again ask you a series of screening questions.
- Hand sanitizer is available and required upon arrival.
- We’ll have each patient rinse with a hydrogen peroxide mouthwash at the beginning of the appointment.
- We’re limiting patient amenities for the time being to reduce cross-contamination, such as magazines, beverages, and cookies. We hope to bring these back soon!
- Appointments are carefully staggered to allow for social distancing between patients and we’re reducing the number of patients allowed in the reception area at any one time.
- For the time being, dental hygiene appointments will not include ultrasonic/cavitron scaling per Nevada Dental Board and Nevada Department of Health and Human Services guidelines.
We look forward to seeing you in our office!
We’ve missed seeing your smiling faces! We are grateful for your trust and excited to welcome you back into our office.
Please be patient with us as we get things back up to speed, reschedule missed appointments, and accommodate those with the most urgent needs. We’re doing our best to manage the process seamlessly and get you the care you’ve been waiting for.
Let us know if you have any questions about our new procedures. If you’d like to schedule an appointment, please call us at (775) 329-8886.